- Before completing the form, candidates are invited to read carefully all the information included in this web.
- Candidates willing to apply for one Erasmus Mundus Scholarship are requested to pay special attention to the Fees and Scholarships Section.
- Check the document list you will have to enclose, particularly the English proficiency test. Note that if you do not have it already a certain time is needed to pass TOELF and ILTS exams.
- Applications must be written in English, and will be considered valid only when all requested information is supplied. Incomplete applications or those lacking any necessary document will be automatically rejected.
- Check the Application form on-line to see how you have to proceed in order to upload the files (.doc, .jpg, .pdf) with all the necessary documentation.
- Make electronic copies in .doc, .jpg or .pdf format (preferably in .pdf - note that .docx files are not accepted) of the requested documentation and make sure that none of the files exceed 1Mb (1Mb = 1024 Kb is the maximum sized allowed per file, if you try to upload a heavier file the system will not be able to process your application and you will have to re-start typing all the requested information). If you use shareware, beta or trial versions software, please try to minimize any watermarks.
- Complete the Application form on-line . Please, take your time and review all the information that you provide us before clicking on “Save”). You will receive an email of confirmation. Keep it.
- Pre-selected candidates will be contacted to send via ordinary mail the original hard copies of the certificates and the documentation uploaded in their application forms on-line to the following postal address:
School of Law, University of Deusto
Avda. de las Universidades 24
E-48007 Bilbao (SPAIN)
It is strongly recommended that you send your application by means that provide you with proof of dispatch (registered post, express courier, etc.).
Applicants MUST include in their on-line applications the following documents:
Copy of the applicant’s passport.
Academic credentials, with a copy of diploma (if this document is not in English then it must be officially translated) and, if available, diploma supplement.
Certified copies of academic transcripts.
Academic and/or professional CV.
Letter of motivation (type your motivation letter in the "Personal Statement Section" within the Application form on-line).
Original English proficiency test: TOEFL test results 580 or IELTS 6.5 (the ILF requires TOEFL test results 600). Please, note that a certain time is needed to pass TOELF or ILTS exams. Note that nationals of countries which official language is English (including the USA) are exempted of this requirement. Besides, university degrees (only Bachelor or equivalent undergraduate studies of at least 180 ECTS) obtained in a country where English is the official language by applicants for whom English is not the first language may be accepted instead of the approved IELTS/TOEFL score. Check the FAQ.
Copy of any other language Diploma (e.g. the French DELF or DALF Diploma).
2 reference letters.
Pre-selected candidates MUST send by ordinary post, besides the original hard copies of the previous documents:
1 copy of your on-line Application Form (remember to print a second copy for your own records).
2 passport-sized photos (one glued to the application form in the appropriate place, the other with the applicant’s name and application No. in the back side).
Any other documentation uploaded in your application form on-line.
Pre-selected candidates will be contacted to send via ordinary mail the original documents of the requested information.
Candidates applying for an EM 'CATEGORY A' or 'CATEGORY B' Scholarship MUST complete the application on-line no later than
12 FEBRUARY 2012 (0:00 GMT).
Third countries self funded applicants
30 JUNE 2012 (0:00 GMT).
European self funded applicants
JULY 30th 2011 (0:00 GMT).
Please, do read the "Warnings" section below.
Foreseeable dates for decisions on applications
Candidates applying for an Erasmus Mundus Scholarship ('CATEGORY A' or 'CATEGORY B' )
Third countries self funded candidates
European self funded candidates
Pre-selected candidates will be contacted to send via ordinary mail the original documents requested (original OR certified copy of the Academic credentials, original or certified copy of the academic transcripts, etc.). Once contacted, pre-selected candidates will have to send the originals to the EMTTLF Secretariat as soon as possible and if the EMTTLF Secretariat does not receive the hard copies of the requested documents within a period of 20 days this application will not be considered.
Applications will be accepted only if ALL the required documentation is correctly uploaded and, eventually, posted (in the case of contacted pre-selected candidates).
Please, note that due to the large number of applications, we are unable to attend to e-mail, fax or telephone enquiries on application status. Successful candidates will be punctually contacted in order to pursue with the registration procedure.
Candidates are requested to read carefully all the information included in the EMTTLF web as well as the official website of Erasmus Mundus (and the Frequently Asked Questions –FAQ- section) before contacting us. Please, note that due to the large number of applicants we need a certain time to answer any email with questions and/or enquires.
Final Deadline for any application: July 30th 2012 (0:00 GMT)
Application form on-line